Monday, June 20, 2011

night
as the whipporwill sings in the sky
the softest sweetest lullabye
lulling all the world to sleep
till there's not a single peep
slowly as his wings unfurled
sweeping off into the world
crying through the dark,dark night
as he took on his restless flight
he sang as he starts
that cry could break 1 million hearts
he finally took just 1 last leap
off to lull the world to sleep



i wrote that all by my self

4 comments:

  1. Lily - you are an AMAZINGLY talented writer - I hope you nurture that part of yourself for the rest of your life. The world needs your voice! :-) Kisses, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily you are awesome! I love this poem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that you were going to send me some of your writing? Do you remember promising that to me when you were here last? Oh well I guess if you post it here I can read it just as well. You have got real skills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Lily you have a beautiful way with words and expression. I was so
    taken by your poem that I looked up information on the whippoorwill bird
    and learned so much. Thank you for sharing your words and teaching a 44-
    year old lady something new. Miss Ana

    ReplyDelete